Updated: Jul 10, 2019
When you as a Manager or Owner are faced with impending performance conversation with an employee;
1. How do you demonstrate positive Managerial skills in the workplace 2. How do your Staff respond. How do you develop your Staff ? 3. How would you like the workplace to be compared to how it actually is ?
Below are 9 methods to better engage in conversation. The most dominant being:
Practice the golden rule “Treat others the same as you wish others to treat you”
Likewise, it is imperative to:
1. Encourage your Team - do not limit who you encourage, all appreciate sincerity, value, acknowledgement and validation for their efforts 2. Demonstrate Balance Care and Compromise - find balance between all. Care illustrates consideration, collaboration, communication, consistency, compassion Identify the difference between attitudes: can and don’t know how or can’t and won’t and have tough conversations.
As a Manager or Owner, you need not have all the answers, obtaining your position or taking the courageous step into self-employment took time, education and experience.
The leading 9 focus points you need ask yourself pre-empting a difficult conversation include:
1. Have I invested enough time in the relationship to be straightforward ?
2. Do I value this person ?
3. Am I certain this is their issue and not mine ?
4. Am I certain I am not reacting and feeling threatened by the situation ?
5. Is the issue more important than the relationship itself ?
6. Does the conversation serve the interest of this person and not just Management ?
7. Am I willing to invest time and effort to help them grow ?
8. Am I willing to show them how to do something and not just say what is wrong ?
9. Am I willing to set clear expectations ?
Contact me now to grow even more. You are worth it. Your business is worth it.
#flicktheswitchcoaching #LifeCoach#BusinessCoach #SuccessCoach#businessquotes #mentoring#growthmindset #AchieveGoals#leadership #teamwork#successonline #success #mindset#PersonalDevelopment #Motivation#SuccessMindset #AEKnows#TravelBusiness #BusinessOwner#NorthernBeaches #sydneyfitness#ForbesCoachesCouncil#PersonalTrainer #NLP #bxNetworking#MentalHealth#virginactivefrenchsforest#BossYourFuture #f45training