Business AUS update:
Below are a list of the latest resources available to business owners. I am in a position to help directly to support maintenance and growth for when we exit this period.
The time is now !
👍Boosting Cash Flow for Employers
-The Government is enhancing the measure it announced on 12 March 2020. The Government is providing up to $100,000 to eligible small and medium-sized businesses, and not for-profits (NFPs) that employ people, with a minimum payment of $20,000.
– Instant asset write-off lifted from $30,000 to $150,000 (up to June 2020) – Faster depreciation – businesses with turnover less than $500m can claim a 50% first year deduction from 12 March 2020 until 30 June 2021 for new assets purchased.
👍Temporary relief for financially distressed businesses
– The Government is temporarily increasing the threshold at which creditors can issue a statutory demand on a company and the time companies have to respond to statutory demands they receive. The package also includes temporary relief for directors from any personal liability for trading while insolvent, and providing temporary flexibility in the Corporations Act 2001 to provide temporary and targeted relief from provisions of the Act to deal with unforeseen events that arise as a result of the Coronavirus health crisis.
👍Supporting apprentices and trainees
– The Government is supporting small business to retain their apprentices and trainees. Eligible employers can apply for a wage subsidy of 50 per cent of the apprentice’s or trainee’s wage for 9 months from 1 January 2020 to 30 September 2020.
👍Support for immediate cash flow needs for SMEs
– Under the Coronavirus SME Guarantee Scheme, the Government will provide a guarantee of 50 per cent to SME lenders to support new short-term unsecured loans to SMEs.
👍Quick and efficient access to credit for small business
– The Government is cutting red tape by providing a temporary exemption from responsible lending obligations for lenders providing credit to existing small business customers. This reform will help small businesses get access to credit quickly and efficiently.
👉Payments to support individuals
– Over the next six months, the Government is temporarily expanding eligibility to income support payments and establishing a new, time-limited Coronavirus supplement to be paid at a rate of $550 per fortnight. This will be paid to both existing and new recipients of JobSeeker Payment, Youth Allowance Jobseeker, Parenting Payment, Farm Household Allowance and Special Benefit.